Tuesday, November 28, 2006

the death of a prickly lamb

(...) ago, i am told by one of my herd,
a crown of a wise man,
was placed on my head
and i could not see it yet.
hearing this, surprised, i,
asked the lamb how and why?

(you know how, you know why
now tell me of your communions, high)

dazzled, i had nothing and this i said akin,
but my words awakened its anger within
lamb's eyes darkened, my soul frightened -
there were no words that could be uttered.
i tried not to tremble, but my eyes gave me away
the lamb looked at me as if i were led astray.

(you are a coward! a coward and a fool!
how long will you use your false carpenter’s rule?)

i was ferocious! in a fit of fury!
how could this lamb be,
the judge of my rule and my jury?
i jumped on it, trying to shut it up,
but, with my hands on the lamb's throat,
it just disdainly laughed!
silence! keep your silence you fraud!
let me speak to myself, and to my god.

(indeed, you will speak to your god,
as long as you keep that crown covered in blood)

what crown? i inquired, again, what blood?
but light in the eyes of the lamb dimmed,
leaving me with my sin, stock.
then i cursed the heavens
and its kingdom which had not arrived,
for they had left me alone with the one i had murdered.
at that moment, a trickle, came down my brow, red,
from the crown of thorns on my head.


28/11/2006

No comments: