Monday, April 4, 2011

precipitation

.
.
.
dim
dim
dim
dim
dim
free falling fire beads
like little drum beats
dim
dim
dim
dim
prepare us for the beat
protect us from the heat
dim
dum
doom
doom
doom, trot, oh, they trot.
there come horses on the road
dim
dim
dim
dim
dim
hoof, they say, yeah! they say
men with horses, baby feet
dim
dim
dim
dim
baby feet, full of myth
come the men with baby feet!
dim
dim
dim
dim
coming to claim, riding to claim
back what i thought i won in vain
dim
dim
dim
dim
i hear the men, i hear their call:
embrace the heat and forget the song
dim
dim
dim
dim
see; signal the men, torch they pyre
as vultures turn in widening gyre
dim
dim
dim
dim
sizzles my being, aches my ribs
my flesh comes off! piece by piece!
dim
dim
dim
dim
burns dante, burns the boy
horsemen sing but with joy!
dim
dim
dim
dim
shriek i do, scream i do
as just my mouth they not burn do
dim
dim
dim
dim
now i am a man, i am a man
though my mouth says what i am!
dim
dim
dim
dim!

No comments: